BikePark Wales is the UK’s biggest purpose-built mountain biking resort.
The concept is simple, picture a ski resort, remove the snow and replace the pistes with an array of sweeping bike trails meandering to the bottom of the slopes. Add a bunch of adrenaline and a big sprinkle of fun and you are pretty much there. Bike Park Wales is an exhilarating way to spend your day in the Welsh mountains.
There's an incredible network of over 44 trails for riders of all abilities at BikePark Wales. Swooping bermed runs, tight gnarly rock sections, jump trails, drop offs and the UK's longest green downhill trail.
With a vehicular uplift service to transport riders to the top of the trails, bike and equipment hire, coaching, guiding and on-site café, BikePark Wales is the ideal destination to enjoy an incredible day out.
4 New Trails + the UK’s Longest Beginner Mountain Bike Trail opens here in Merthyr.
- NEW for 2021 -
- 4 All-new mountain bike trails - blue, red & black runs, as well as a major new top-secret trail designed to challenge the world’s best riders.
- Kermit - The UK’s Longest Beginner Mountain Bike Trail
- Visitor Centre - faster processing, getting riders out on the trails faster than ever
- Additional parking - 45 new spaces sympathetic to the surrounding environment
- Café, bike shop, bike wash and toilets.
- Uplift service – you and your bike get transported to the top of the mountain by minibus
- 40 trails, ranging from flow trails to technical descents.
- Clear trail grading system from Green trails all the way to Pro line trails.
- Bring your own bike or hire high-quality Trek bikes at the park.
- Fully qualified onsite coaches and guides to help you develop your riding skills.
- Open 7 days a week.
Who’s it for?
For beginners to seasoned downhill pro's, Bike Park Wales will offer you an incredible biking experience, unlike anything you have experienced in the UK before.
NEW 4 Mountain Bike Trails - An exciting mix of blue, red and black runs, as well as a major new top-secret trail designed to challenge the world’s best riders.
NEW Kermit Trail- A stunning new five-kilometre-long beginners’ downhill mountain bike trail. Ideal for competent bike riders looking for excitement, BikePark Wales’ green Kermit trail delivers all the thrills and exhilaration of downhill mountain biking with bermed corners, rock slabs, roller coaster sections and exhilarating tree-lined flow sections. However, its unique design ensures bike speed can always be controlled, which makes it the perfect introduction to the world of mountain biking and a fun way for families to enjoy the great outdoors.
Where is it?
Just off the A470 at the Pentrebach roundabout, Merthyr Tydfil. Located in the heart of Gethin Forest in the foothills of the Brecon