New Camping. New Adventures. New Look.
Parkwood Outdoors Dolygaer is an activity centre based in the south of the Brecon Beacons, just a 15 minute drive from Merthyr Tydfil centre. The centre offers a fantastic range of activities delivered by specialist instructors. Activities include sailing, gorge adventure, canoeing, kayaking, raft building, rock climbing, caving, mountain biking, orienteering and more with options available for all ages and abilities.
New for 2021 - Zip Wire - It's over a 100m long and starts 20m up a tree. Just climbing the tree is an exhilarating achievement, but then you have to step off! After taking that leap of faith, you will feel the wind rush your face as you fly over the Nant Callan valley to the other side. A gentle landing on the opposite valley slope will bring you back to the world of gravity.
The scenic surroundings really need to be seen first-hand to be believed with stunning views over the lake, river and rolling hills which can be viewed from the site. Fully qualified and welcoming staff will make your visit here enjoyable, safe and memorable.
Highlights: NEW for 2021 -
- Zip Wire - 100m long and starts 20m up a tree!
- Refurbished Cafe (with Pizza oven coming soon!)
- New outdoor eating area
- Reservoir View - 35 pitch camping ground with new showers, toilets and washing station
- Variety of activities from Paddleboarding to Climbing with everything supplied.
- Highly experienced, qualified staff
- Spectacular views of Pen y Fan mountain from our site.
- Fun, friendly and safe atmosphere to try new activities.
- Range of accommodation for families and groups.
- Open all year – the weather may change but the activities never stop.
Who’s it for?
We are available to all ages and abilities.
Adults, kids, schools, scouts, guides, stag groups, hen groups, corporate and military groups. From a birthday activity for eight-year-olds to a challenging team-building exercise, Dolygaer can put it together for you.
Where is it?
10 minutes off the A470, right next to Pontsticill Reservoir, north of Merthyr Tydfil
We also have multiple 3 & 4-star accommodation options to suit every style including the campsite, Dolygaer Lodge and Dolygaer Cottage, which offers guests a luxurious way to unwind after a day's activities.
Take a look at our accommodation here -