The centre offers a fantastic range of activities such as stand up paddleboarding, hiking and gorge adventures with options available for all ages and abilities.
New Camping. New Adventures. New Look.
Parkwood Outdoors Dolygaer is an activity centre based in the south of the Brecon Beacons, just a 15 minute drive from Merthyr Tydfil centre. The centre offers a fantastic range of activities delivered by specialist instructors. Activities include stand up paddleboarding, gorge adventure, canoeing, kayaking, raft building, rock climbing, caving, mountain walking, orienteering and more with options available for all ages and abilities.
For a thrilling ride try the Zip Wire - It's over a 100m long and starts 20m up a tree. Just climbing the tree is an exhilarating achievement, but then you have to step off! After taking that leap of faith, you will feel the wind rush your face as you fly over the Nant Callan valley to the other side. A gentle landing on the opposite valley slope will bring you back to the world of gravity.
The scenic surroundings really need to be seen first-hand to be believed with stunning views over the lake, river and rolling hills which can be viewed from the site. Fully qualified and welcoming staff will make your visit here enjoyable, safe and memorable.
Highlights: NEW for 2020 -
- Glamping - 5 brand new and spacious Luna tents
- Squirrel Run - Have you ever seen how agile a squirrel is? Now is your chance to see how well you can adapt to their environment as you climb, scramble and haul yourself up the various challenges whilst your team supports you. This activity can be combined with another such as Zip Wire for a half day activity.
- On-site cafe for snacks and hot/cold drinks
- Pizza wagon with delicious stone baked pizzas freshly cooked (available on set days throughout the summer)
- Outdoor eating area with views across the Pontsticill reservoir
- Reservoir View camping - 35 pitch camping ground with new showers, toilets and washing station
- Variety of activities from Paddleboarding to Climbing with everything supplied.
- Perfect for families and groups.
- Highly experienced, qualified staff
- Spectacular views of Pen y Fan mountain from our site.
- Fun, friendly and safe atmosphere to try new activities.
Open all year – the weather may change but the activities never stop!
Who’s it for?
We are available to all ages and abilities.
Adults, kids, schools, scouts, guides, stag groups, hen groups, corporate and military groups. From a birthday activity for eight-year-olds to a challenging team-building exercise, Dolygaer can put it together for you.
Where is it?
10 minutes off the A470, right next to Pontsticill Reservoir, north of Merthyr Tydfil
We have multiple 3 & 4-star accommodation options to suit every style including the campsite, brand new glamping Luna tents, Dolygaer Lodge and Dolygaer Cottage, which offer guests a luxurious way to unwind after a full day's activities.
Take a look at our accommodation here -