Tue 19/Sep/2023 - Tue 19/Sep/2023 10:00 - 15:30 BST
How can communities be better involved in generating tourism for the valleys?
A day for community groups, businesses, support organisations and individuals to come together to create fresh ideas for sustainable community tourism.
Would you like to shape and influence the future of tourism in your community, sharing ideas to welcome and retain visitors with funding opportunities to take these ideas forward?
Working in small teams, collectively explore how you can do this, alongside other members of your community and further afield, through a unique event.
Fresh ideas developed can then be taken forward into an application for community grants. Funding of up to £1,000 per community is available. More detail will be available at the event(s).
Key outcomes: Come along and…
- Create a vision: Share your dreams for the future of tourism in your community
- Generate ideas: Turn your vision into innovative fresh ideas
- Connect: Meet other communities across South Wales
- Learn: Enhance your understanding with community toolkits and resources
- Meet funders: Explore funding opportunities
- Leadership: Hear about the new Social Leaders Cymru project
When: Tuesday, 19th September 2023 – 10am-3:30pm
Where: Redhouse, Merthyr Tydfil, High Street, Merthyr Tydfil, CF47 8AE
Who is it for:
Everyone! This Hack is for organisations and individuals interested in bringing footfall into their communities and developing fresh ideas with a shared vision of what your area has to offer – no matter your experience with tourism. You could have one or more of the below:
- Community connections: Participating individuals should feel excited for their community, ready to collaborate and build on connections with an open mind to being part of ‘big vision’.
- Diverse perspectives: We encourage a wide mix of individuals to participate to ensure a wide community voice is heard and create groundswell to make a change
- Varied experience: Participants don't need to have an existing tourism focus or have previous experience or qualifications to participate
- Collective drive: Everyone has a voice in developing the place plan which will put your area on the map.
Register free now!
*Spaces are limited so please attend if registered. The event will be catered and orders will be placed on final bookings.
Parking: Spaces are available at £3.50 for the day, off Castle Street. Please get in touch if you require any further information.
All sessions, including the leadership development programme, are free to attend, through funding provided by the National Lottery Community Fund.
The project is led and managed by Social Enterprise Academy Scotland and Cwmpas in Wales.
The project has been made possible through the players of the National Lottery and funding by the National Lottery Community Fund.
Last Updated - Tue - 22 / Aug / 23